Vienna BioCenter is accepting the Application for Vienna BioCenter International Postdoctoral Program 2022 for all international students all around the world. Scientific excellence and signs of independence are the hallmarks of VIP2. We seek highly motivated and talented scientists of all nationalities to conduct ambitious research projects on an international, interdisciplinary, and inter-sectoral campus.
The Vienna BioCenter is a cluster of life science research institutes and biotechnology companies located in the 3rd municipal District of Vienna, Austria. It grew around the Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, which opened in 1988. Also, Check 500 HUMBOLDT RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS IN GERMANY, 2022
Vienna BioCenter International Postdoctoral Program Details:
- Country: Austria
- Vienna BioCenter
- Deadline: 15 June 2022
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structure
Cell and Chromosome Biology
Computational Biology, Genomes and Evolution
Disease Mechanisms, Immunology, Pathogens
Gene Regulation, RNA, Epigenetics
Stem Cells, Development, Regeneration
More Information about Position ( Click Here )
Scientific excellence and signs of independence are the hallmarks of VIP2. We seek talented scientists of all nationalities to conduct ambitious research projects on an international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral campus.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- All VIP2 employment contracts include a full health insurance plan that can be extended to children and unemployed partners.
- Social security includes fully paid maternity leave (16 weeks), the possibility of paid parental leave (up to 24 months), pension contribution, and accident insurance.
- Families receive additional support for each child (“Familienbeihilfe”) that ranges from 110 – 170 EUR per month per child, depending on the age of the child.
- Tax deductions apply to single-income families.
Applications can only be submitted via our online portal. The following information must be provided in the on-line form:
- Personal information: name, contact details, current place of education/employment
- Main scientific area (choose one from the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5 keywords
- DOI of at least one first-author publication or manuscript
- Contact details for two referees. The system will send an automatic email to referees with instructions. At least one reference letter has to be uploaded into the system BEFORE the application can be submitted.
The following documents have to be uploaded (ALL 5 documents are required, your application will not be considered if they are not provided):
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor degree, honours, etc.
- PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training
- A five-page scientific project proposal
- A one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the societal impact
- Written proof (letter or email) from the chosen group leader indicating his/her support for the application.
The last date to apply for the Vienna BioCenter International Postdoctoral Program is 15 June 2022
How to Apply for Scholarship:
The process of this scholarship is online, please check the link below to apply online or check the official announcement of the scholarship.