Application is accepted for Jointly organized by the United Nations University and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research in sustainability in co-operation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions.
The UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) acts as the nominating authority for the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. This fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctorates in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience. UNU-IAS will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for shortlisted candidates.
JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details:
- Country: Japan
- POSITION:JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellow
- Fully Funded
- Deadline: 28 Feb 2022
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY 362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY 200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
Research/Job Area– Science/Engineering/Sociology/Agriculture/Various fields
The following research projects at UNU-IAS are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Water and Resource Management
- Innovation and Education
- Biodiversity and Society
- Strategic Programme
Also Check: Slovak Academic and Scientific Programme Postdoc Position 2022
- Applicants must be citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese.
- Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate received on or after 2 April 2015 (i.e., the degree must have been received within six years prior to 1 April 2022), when the fellowship begins or be scheduled to receive doctorate before the fellowship begins.
- Applicants with at least 10 months’ research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
- Those who have previously been awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the “JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan” are not eligible.
Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months. Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2014) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins. Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible. Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme begins on 1 September and the selected Fellows are required to be in Japan by this date.
Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months.
Also Check: IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2022 in Austria (Fully Funded)
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to submit a completed Application Form and supporting documents to email@example.com. If an applicant does not have access to the Internet, he or she should contact UNU-IAS. The form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If supporting documents are not in English, English translations must be attached.
Review of applications by the Fellowship Committee will begin immediately after the application deadline. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a telephone interview and to provide reference letters.