EuroTech Universities Alliance is a strategic partnership of leading universities is application is accepted for EuroTechPostdoc2 Program in Europe Universities for Postdoc Candidates. Research fellowship open to all areas within the Alliance enabling the exploration of emerging and promising fields and promoting new interdisciplinary research collaborations. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate Host and Co-host Institution, fitting their individual needs and ambitions.
The EuroTech Universities Alliance invites highly talented experienced researchers to submit interdisciplinary collaborative research project proposals for one of the fellowships provided by the EuroTechPostdoc Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship program for young experienced researchers who have already demonstrated excellence and potential in their field of research. It provides its fellows exceptional international research and career development opportunities to promote their outstanding individual potential into a distinct, innovative, and competitive profile of a researcher. Also, Check 500 HUMBOLDT RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS IN GERMANY, 2022
EuroTechPostdoc2 Program in Europe Universities Details
- EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme
- Universities: Europen Universities
- Fully Funded
- Deadline: 24 Feb 2022
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU),
- L’École Polytechnique à Paris (l’X),
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Citizens of any nationality may apply. There are no restrictions concerning age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political views, language or nationality of the applicants.
To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Experienced Researchers, namely, they must, on the call deadline (1st call: February 25, 2021), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host Institution for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline (Call 1: February 26, 2018 – February 25, 2021). Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service, and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. Exceptions related to Covid-19 can be considered, based on a case-by-case analysis. If you think you qualify for an exception, please contact the Programme Management Office as soon as possible.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full-time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave, and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction should follow the H2020 Ethics rules.
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher (see details below) and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum, and a dedicated research budget (up to €8,000) and collaboration and travel budget (up to €6,000) related to the project.
The monthly salary is among others dependent on the Host Institution. Below, we therefore mention the minimum gross salary per institution. The actual salary will be based on the experience and qualifications of each postdoctoral researcher.
- DTU: The minimum gross salary for DTU fellows is 40,543 DKK, including a pension contribution of 17,1% (based on the collective agreements (AC overenskomst)).
- L’X: The minimum gross salary for l’X fellows is 2,800 EUR.
- TU/e: The minimum gross salary for TU/e fellows is 3,353 EUR (Salary scale 10.4, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.) Additionally, fellows receive an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- TUM: The minimum gross salary for TUM fellows is 4,074.30 EUR (Payment Group TV-L E13 level 1, on the basis of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal state of Bavaria).
How to Apply
To be considered admissible, the application must be complete and submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the call (February 25, 2021).
For an application to be complete, it must contain the following elements:
- Research plan (maximum five (5) pages, following the template provided).
- Prioritized CV – including career breaks and list of all publications of the applicant, following the template provided.
- Completed and signed Ethical issues form, following the template provided.
- Scanned copy of a Ph.D. diploma or an official statement of the awarding university that the degree has been awarded, or official statement(s) proving the four years of full-time equivalent research experience in English.
- Names of intended Host Supervisor and intended Co-host Supervisor.
- The Host Supervisor could be from the following Institutions: DTU, L’X, TU/e, and TUM.
- The Co-host Supervisor could be from the following Institutions: DTU, EPFL, L’X, Technion, TU/e, and TUM.
- Motivation letter on carrying out a cross-border collaborative project (maximum one (1) page; additional pages will be discarded).
Last Date for Apply– 24 February 2022
- Deadline call: On or before the deadline (25 February, 17:00 hr. CET/GMT+1), applicants submit their proposal in the electronic submission system.
- After the submission deadline, the Programme Management Office performs an admissibility and eligibility check for all submitted applications and inform the applicants by e-mail of the outcome within two weeks.
- Proposals found eligible and admissible are sent for review by three external independent reviewers, who will score the proposals according to the evaluation criteria (see Rules & Regulations for details). Only proposals scoring higher than the threshold are considered for the next steps.
- For the proposals with the highest score per university, a viability check will be performed to confirm the availability of infrastructure, supervision and resources to successfully complete the project.
- Per university, fellowships will be offered to the applicants of the best proposals that are found viable. TU/e, TUM, DTU have 10 hosting positions per call whereas L’X has 5 positions.