The very well-known and prominent Commonwealth Scholarship in UK is now accepting applications for the year 2023. Fully funded Masters and Ph.D. degree programs are offered in Commonwealth scholarship to study in any suitable university in the UK. No application fee is required as the application procedure is free of cost.
The aim of the Commonwealth scholarship is to gather students from across the Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is Funded by the Government of UK and UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). There is a total of 54 commonwealth countries including low to middle-income countries. Each Year more than 200 Participants from different countries are selected to study in the UK and until now 27,800 people have taken up Commonwealth Scholarships.
Almost all Fields of study are available under the Commonwealth Scholarship. The Duration of the Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters Degree is 1 Year and for Ph.D. Degree Scholarship is for 3 Years. For complete details just scroll down.
Details About Commonwealth Scholarship in UK
- Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Masters Degree, Ph.D. Degree
- Deadline: 18 October 2022
Fields of Study Available under Commonwealth Scholarship
You can apply to any of the UK universities under Commonwealth Scholarship for full-time Masters and Ph.D. in these following Majors.
Arts, Social, Natural Sciences, Clinical, Medical, Engineering and Sciences, Education, etc. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Complete details of Financial Coverage
- Approved Round Airfare Tickets from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award.
- Approved Full tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area.
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
You can also apply to Fully Funded Osaka University Scholarship in Japan 2023 | Study in Japan
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Those who have completed their 4 Year Bachelor Degree or those who have completed a 2 Year Bachelor Degree and 2 Year Masters Degree are eligible to apply for the Commonwealth UK Scholarship.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2021
- By October 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
There are 54 countries in the Commonwealth, in Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Pacific. Commonwealth countries are diverse – they are amongst the world’s biggest, smallest, richest and poorest countries.
- Gambia, The
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Brunei Darussalam
- Sri Lanka
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Lucia
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 in the UK is 18 October 2022
Also, Check 10 Great Tips on How to Win a Scholarship
How to Apply
The Application Process is totally Online. There are different procedures for each country. To, Apply, Please Visit the Official website of the Commonwealth.