Applications are now open for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in Canada for National & International students. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is administered by Canada’s three research granting agencies: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program aims to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to develop their leadership potential and to position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career. Also, Check ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in Switzerland [Fully Funded]
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Details
- Country: Canada
- Deadline: 21 September 2022
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
The duration of the Fellowship is two years.
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
No of Fellowship
70 fellowships are awarded annually.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
For a list of eligible health professions, please see CIHR’s webpage.
Eligibility window for degree completion
Applicants to the 2022-23 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2019 and September 30, 2023 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2023.
For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
The deadline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 is 21 Sept 2022.
How to Apply:
Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
An application is completed through the following tasks:
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor
- Register for ResearchNet and Canadian Common CV (CCV) accounts
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to the ResearchNet application
- Start a ResearchNet application
- Identify an area of research
- Identify participants
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Preview application materials
- Consent and submit application
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards